Some exercises focus on a single muscle group, focusing all of your attention on one specific movement. This is not one of those exercises. Instead, this versatile move challenges your core, back and more to maximize your body’s potential and save time if you’re too busy for a longer, slower workout. The Bear Board Alternate Reverse Fly is a beast.
Here expert trainer Mat Forzaglia, who created the new men’s health The MVP Premium 20-Minute Muscle Program demonstrates this super effective exercise to use in your workout.
“We’re targeting our shoulders and our core, but you’ll notice we’re going to engage our whole body — and that’s what I love about it, that shifted core load when we’re in that position,” he says.
Since you’ll be fighting to maintain your body position and your bear board will be strong, your core will be working extra hard as you transition from arm to arm as you perform each fly rep.
How to Do the Bear Plank Alternating Reverse Fly
3 sets of 10 to 12 reps per side
- Lower into a bear plank, your hands gripping a pair of light dumbbells below your shoulders, knees below your hips.
- Engage your glutes and core to create full-body tension and tuck in your rib cage.
- Stand on your tiptoes to raise your knees off the floor.
- Lift one of the dumbbells off the floor and straight out to the side like a reverse fly, keeping your arm fully straight.
- Maintain weight control and return to the starting position. Repeat on the other side.
Want more workouts like this? Check out Forzaglia’s entire 20-Minute Muscle program (and tons of other similar programs) at men’s health MVP Premium.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on piano.io